Before you can use the food strainer extension pack (5KSMFVSP) to create jams, purées and sauces, you need to put it all together.
Here are the steps to putting the food strainer together:
- Secure the smaller spring end of the shaft assembly into the large grind screw. Insert the long grind screw into the main housing*.
- Place the strainer cone over the long grind screw, matching the notch of the strainer cone with the tab on the bottom of the main housing*.
- Insert the collar over the strainer cone and rotate clockwise to secure. Slide the strainer shield over the cone and latch on top of the ring.
- Place the splash lid on the strainer shield.
*The main housing and its tray are sold separately as the meat grinder attachment (5KSMFGA).
How to attach the grinder and food strainer extension to the mixer:
- Turn the mixer off (speed '0') and unplug.
- Remove the attachment hub cover, either by flipping up the cover or removing the cover by unscrewing anticlockwise on mixers with a removable hub cover.
- Insert the attachment shaft housing into the attachment hub.
- Tighten the mixer attachment hub knob clockwise until the attachment is completely secured to the mixer.
- Place the mixer bowl under the strainer shield to catch strained food and place a smaller bowl under the open end to catch food waste.