While using the slow juicer for mixers (5KSM1JA), you should be able to juice 4.5-9kg of fruits and vegetables without the need to clean (emptying excess pulp). When you've finished, you can clean it as follows:
Steps to cleaning the slow juicer for mixers:
- Disassemble: Remove the lid. Remove the auger. Lift the assembled screen and screen wiper basket out of the bowl, and separate.
- To disassemble the pulp chute for cleaning: Pull the gasket out from the back of the chute. Slightly pinch the gasket hinge while sliding the chute in towards the centre of the juicing bowl.
- Wipe over the drive assembly with a warm, damp cloth. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads as they may scratch the juicer. Thoroughly dry with a soft cloth. To avoid damaging the juicer, do not wash or immerse the drive assembly in water or other liquids, or wash in the dishwasher.
- Use the brush with warm soapy water to clean out any stuck food or residue in the screens.
- All parts other than the drive assembly are top-rack dishwasher safe.
Tips for looking after the slow juicer:
We recommend cleaning the unit as one piece.
Do not take the drip stop valve apart for cleaning.
To avoid damaging the slow juicer, do not wash or immerse the drive assembly in water or other liquids. All other parts are safe to put in the top rack of your dishwasher.