Making ice cream is fun and simple with this attachment. Before you attach the ice cream maker (5KICA0WH) to the tilt-head mixer, make sure you remove the 'Do not immerse in water' label. The dasher is dishwasher-safe, but the freezer bowl and drive assembly need to be washed by hand.
NOTE: The freeze bowl must be completely frozen to make ice cream, so use it as soon as you remove it from the freezer, as it begins to thaw once removed.
Here are the steps for how to attach the ice cream maker to the tilt-head mixer:
- Turn the mixer to OFF (speed '0') and unplug.
- Tilt motor head back and remove the mixing bowl.
- Place the dasher inside the freeze bowl.
- Place the freeze bowl on the bowl-clamping plate.
Next, you need to attach the drive assembly.
Here are the steps for how to attach the drive assembly to your tilt-head mixer:
- Make sure the mixer is turned off and unplugged. Keep the motor head tilted back and put the dasher and freeze bowl into place.
- Position the drive assembly onto the mixer so that side A is closest to the beater shaft. Slide drive assembly onto the motor head until it will not slide any further.
- When properly assembled, the outer curved edges of the drive assembly should centre on the motor head. If they are not centred, slide the drive assembly either back or forward until it is centred on the motor head. Make sure the drive assembly is securely in place by pressing upward.
- Lower the motor head to engage the drive assembly with the dasher. If the drive assembly doesn’t engage the dasher, slide the drive assembly either back or forward until it does engage the dasher properly.
- Make sure the motor head is down completely.
- Place locking lever in the LOCK position. Before mixing, test the lock by attempting to raise the motor head.
- Plug the mixer in.
NOTE: The ice cream maker is NOT compatible with the tilt-head mixer 3.3L (5KSM3311X).